Tag Archive | humour
This rap will stick in your head, believe me!
Ok, so you’re going to have to forgive me here.
I know I’d intended my last blog post to be the only politically themed one I would be doing, but a very dear friend of mine has been tinkering away behind the scenes for a while now working on a video and I absolutely MUST share it with you.
Hang on in there and I guarantee you won’t be able to get the rap out of your head! 😀
(Warning: The first 1:05 of this video contains flashing images which may not be suitable for those with photosensitive epilepsy)
Just can’t get into it
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh ….. *long drawn out sigh*
You know you get those days sometimes; those days where you look around and see so many things that need doing, but every time you ask your brain if it wants to get involved it gives you a big “NAH!! … Go away and leave me alone!!”. Well today is one of those days.
It happens to be my birthday too, although I don’t think there’s a connection.
67 years ago today I was probably kicking and screaming my way onto this planet, poor planet. But today it’s like all I can do is make another coffee, sit around waiting for the rerun of today’s F1 Grand Prix, and watch never-ending YouTube videos.
So here’s the one that sums today up perfectly. 😀
(R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy, and thank you for the memories)
I want to fly with this airline
Quarantine (is not quite over)
Seems like we’re in quiz mode!
Firstly the answer to yesterday’s anagram question.
The 30 other words of four or more letters that can be made from the word “GENDER” are … gerned, edger, ender, erned, genre, gerne, greed, green, deen, deer, dene, dere, dern, dree, dreg, edge, eger, ered, erne, geed, gene, gere, gree, gren, need, nerd, rede, reed, reen, rend.
Today’s lockdown time-passer … famous quotes!
Which well known people or charcters said the following?
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
- “You’re mad, bonkers, off your head! But I’ll tell you a secret: all the best people are.”
- “You’re never too old to be young”
- “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm”
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it”
- “My momma always said, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get’.”
- “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first”
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life”
Keep it real
A novel idea, maybe, but … NO WAY JOSÉ !! 😀