Firstly the answer to yesterday’s anagram question.
The 30 other words of four or more letters that can be made from the word “GENDER” are … gerned, edger, ender, erned, genre, gerne, greed, green, deen, deer, dene, dere, dern, dree, dreg, edge, eger, ered, erne, geed, gene, gere, gree, gren, need, nerd, rede, reed, reen, rend.
Today’s lockdown time-passer … famous quotes!
Which well known people or charcters said the following?
- “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.”
- “You’re mad, bonkers, off your head! But I’ll tell you a secret: all the best people are.”
- “You’re never too old to be young”
- “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm”
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it”
- “My momma always said, ‘Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get’.”
- “If it’s your job to eat a frog, it’s best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it’s your job to eat two frogs, it’s best to eat the biggest one first”
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life”